Mosquitoes Are arguably among, if not the most, annoying insect on Earth. A mosquito’s bite can and usually does ruin all outdoor functions during the spring and summertime. I’m not going to bore you with all the biology of mosquitoes, but what I’ll do is provide you with the knowledge and the tools you will need to control them.
Top 10 Mosquito Control Killers
1. Mechanical control is when you remove the mosquito’s source of breeding. If there aren’t any areas for mosquito larvae to hatch and become adults, you’ve just eliminated most of the problem. Old tires, flower pots, swimming pools, bird baths, clogged gutters and impressions in the ground are all ideal mosquito breeding havens. Eliminate water after rains from whatever you can will remove breeding grounds. Repairing screen doors, door sweeps, etc also will remove entry points to the house.
Mosquitoe, Mosquito, Malaria, Gnat, Bite2. DEET is generally the most important component, but anything over 20 percent is a waste. So read the label carefully before buying. Lotions like Skin so tender, and various brands of Citronella products such as Tiki torches and bucket candles are also very common.
3. Dunks are a larvicide that kills the mosquito larvae by preventing them from growing into adults, and or contaminating the creatures food origin (bacteria, algae etc). Some mosquito dunks can be very costly. Only utilize dunks in standing stagnant water that does not go away. Please read the LABEL before applying, since it is not intended for big bodies of water.
4. Mosquito Trap / Magnet – The mosquito magnet (also known as a mosquito trap) would be the Cadillac of all mosquito control systems. Mosquito magnets are propane operated and require the use of Octenol or Lurex (based on what types of mosquitoes have been in the area you live). If you devote a lot of time outdoors, you need to seriously consider one of these. The Skeetervac mosquito trap is also very effective.
5. Mosquito Net / Netting – Mosquito nets are highly popular for outdoor events like camping. Netting comes in a variety of gazebos, head netting and various fashions for sleeping outdoors. Netting is great, but again, treating the source is always the ideal.
6. Mosquito zapper – This is the easy way out, but not the best form of mosquito control. Even though it’s cool to hear mosquitoes get electrocuted while throwing down a cold one, mosquitoes aren’t as susceptible to lights such as moths and other pests.
7. Mosquito Fogger – Mosquito fogging is not a lengthy Term solution, but will provide you rapid relief. Mosquitoes are territorial, so fogging will kill adult mosquito populations very fast, but is not a long-term solution. Wind is also a factor, so if the wind speeds are over 3mph, fogging will not be as powerful, if at all.
8. Mosquito Spray – Another control system is having a residual pesticide to treat areas where mosquitoes might rest during the day. Following a mosquito lands on a treated area they will die. Under eaves, trees, bushes or some other dark shaded area where it is cool and nice is the perfect location to take care of. Some sprays aren’t intended for plants because the chemical could be phototoxic to plants.
9. Lighting – Mosquitoes are Attracted to carbon dioxide that’s generated in the breathing of an animal or person. So don’t waste your money on these fancy yellow lights in case you are trying to limit mosquito activity.
10. Diet / Natural Garlic pills for people and brewers yeast for pets are getting increasingly more popular for men and women who are going Green. There are various stores online and locally which sell these goods.
One last thing, If You Reside in an area where you Have plenty of mosquito natural predators like dragon flies, Let nature do everything. Be thankful You’ve got some help from Wildlife Removal Orlando FL with your pest management issues.